Frequently Asked Questions
You can view all the content of our app from your computer; however, screen notifications and location-based offers will only be sent to your phone if you have installed our app.
If you are using our desktop or mobile web, nothing is collected beyond any contact information you provide. If you download the smart phone app and opt to receive location-specific offers, the Close.By app on your phone will use technologies such as Bluetooth and GPS to identify your location. This allows us to send you offers and announcements that are relevant to where you are at any given time. You can stop this feature by changing your alert preferences or by turning off Bluetooth on your phone.
Each offer provided by the business should state when it is valid and how you should redeem it. If you have any specific questions about individual offers, please address your questions directly to the business that is making the offer.
This is optional, but if you would like to receive just-in-time offers or announcements from local businesses, we can send them via screen notifications (when you download our app), or via email. We will only use the information you provide to contact you with the kinds of offers or announcements you requested; we will not provide your personal information to 3rd parties. Also, you can always turn off these notifications by simply clicking on the check box under “Preferences” within our app, or in the Settings of your iPhone itself. (See below, “How can I change my notification preferences,” for more details.)
Please tap on the menu bar in the top left hand corner of the app, then tap on the Preferences option. Mark your changes and press “Done.” In addition, if you want to change the sounds your phone makes when you get any kinds of alerts, please go to the grey Settings icon on your phone, tap the Notifications option, and scroll down until you find the Close.By icon. You can adjust settings for our app and any others you may have downloaded onto your phone from there.
Key features, which we expect will always be free, are the ability to:
- Provide a business description and a few keywords/tags (search words) that indicate your key products and services so consumers can find you when searching for these keywords or phrases
- Select/update the category your business will be featured in
- Provide parking suggestions for customers, as well as indicate if your business is handicapped accessible, has its own parking lot, a back door entrance for customers
- Provide your business hours
- Upload a photo of your business
Additional features that are available at the Premium level, but are currently free to all participating merchants during our trial period, include the ability to:
- Create special offers - as often as you like - that will be visible to consumers on your Close.By page, AND can be pushed out to them via email or phone screen notifications. (These will only go to consumers who have opted in for email or phone notification offers.)
- Use beacons to provide location- and time-based offers to consumers, such as sending messages to someone at a train station to tell them about a special take-out dinner offer they can pick up now. (These will only go to consumers who have opted in for locationbased offers.)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on pricing and features.